In a “Popular Mechanics” article from February 1950, the writers predicted what life would be like in the future. Some of the things they predicted (used underwear would be turned into cotton candy and sawdust would be a food additive) did not come true, but some of the other things they foresaw, did. For example:
- You will shop by picture phone.
- You will travel non-stop from coast to coast in a few hours.
- You will use atomic stoves to cook meals in mere seconds.
- You will see the people you are talking to on portable phones.
- You will navigate using a satellite system.
What do you predict will be breakthroughs that will change our lives in the year 2025?